Preparation time : 30 min |Serves 4-6 persons
This honey bbq wings recipe was inspired by the original copycat KFC honey bbq wings which is taken from Ron Douglas’s best selling cookbook America’s Secret Recipes (get 5 sample recipes) that contains hundreds of copy cat recipes of many popular restaurants in U.S.
2 cup bbq sauce
3/4 cup honey
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp chicken powder
20 chicken wings
Oil for deep frying
1. Mix dry ingredients in a mixing bowl including flour, salt, chicken powder and black pepper.
2. Dust each piece of chicken wings with the dry mixture.
3. Heat oil in deep fryer to appropriate temperature as mentioned on the fryer.
4. Meanwhile prepare honey sauce for the wings, for that heat honey and bbq sauce together in a sauce pan and cook for just 3-5 min until honey mixes well in the sauce.
5. Now fry chicken wings in the deep fryer for 5-8 min or until chicken would become done.
6. When chicken is done coat the wings with prepared honey bbq sauce and served with Cole slaw and fries.
7. To get more copycat recipes of restaurant foods, refer to the cookbook America’s Secret Recipes (get 5 sample recipes) .
photo source : 1