Preparation time : 60 mins. (approx.) | Yields 2-3 dozen
These Chocolate Revel Bars are prepared with oats and milky chocolate flavor. The two flavors are prepared in the form of separate batter, which then layered alternately. You can add some other flavors like coconuts and walnuts to the bars to make it richer in taste.
4 oz old-fashioned oats
5 oz all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
5 oz brown sugar
4 oz unsalted butter
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
10 oz semisweet chocolate chips
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1. In a mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
2. In another bowl, cream together 2 oz butter and brown sugar until become light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and vanilla to the mixture and beat again to mix them well.
4. Now add oats mixture to the batter and mix them well using spatula.
5. Boil a pan half filled with water, then place a boil containing chocolate chips, remaining butter and condensed milk onto the water surface and melt the chocolates over low heat.
6. When condensed milk and chocolates are combined well, then remove the bowl from the water pan and set aside.
7. Take a rectangular baking pan, place parchment paper on it and grease it properly.
8. Spread 2/3 of the oat batter at the base, then pour the prepared chocolate batter over it and in the end drop tablespoons of remaining oats batter on top.
9. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 25-30 mins. or until top becomes golden brown.
10. When the Chocolate Revel is ready, remove it from oven and let it cool for 15 mins. then cut it into 1-inch bars.
photo source : 1