Preparation time : 30 mins. | Serves 6- persons
This Floating Island Recipe is one of a easy dessert to prepare at home. In this recipe the egg white meringue scones are served over the creamy milk batter or custard and looks floating which quite resembles with the top view of an island that’s why it is called so.
6 egg whites
½ cup confectioner’s sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
3 cup milk
2 tbsp vanilla custard powder
¼ cup cream
Caramel sauce for topping
Chopped pistachio and almonds for garnishing
1. In a large mixing bowl, gently beat egg whites till stiff peaks are formed.
2. Beat again with confectioner’s sugar, make sure that air should not escape out from the egg whites.
3. Cook milk and brown sugar together till sugar dissolves completely.
4. Now carefully drop egg white mixture using round spoon or scoop onto the surface of milk mixture. Keep distance between each drop. Cook the egg white meringue over medium-low heat until become firm, it would take 3-5 mins.
5. When all eggs white drops are done, take them out onto the platter.
6. Dissolve custard in 2 tbsp tap water or cold milk and add it to the remaining milk mixture. Stir well and cook till custard gets thick.
7. Turn off the flame, let the custard cool and then fold it with cream.
8. Now take the serving bowl, pour some prepared custard, place 1-2 egg white scones and drizzle some caramel sauce. Garnish with almond and pistachio slices.
photo source : 1