Preparation time : 60-70 mins. | Serves 16 bars
This German Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars is a recipe full of rich flavors including chocolate, pecan, coconut and crispy crust. These bars are usually served with topping of cream and it can also be served with scoop of your favorite ice cream.
12 oz pecans
6 oz all-purpose flour
4 oz confectioners’ sugar
6 oz cold butter (cubed)
4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
10 oz semisweet chocolate chips
3 large eggs
6 oz packed light brown sugar
8 oz light corn syrup
4 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
2 oz sweetened flaked coconut
1. Spread the pecans onto the baking sheet and toast them in preheated oven for just 10 mins. at 350 degrees F.
2. Take a rectangular baking sheet, line it with a parchment sheet or aluminum foil and grease it.
3. In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, confectioners’ sugar, and cocoa.
4. In the food processor, process the dry mixture with cold butter and give pulses until it looks like coarse meal.
5. Transfer this mixture onto the lined baking pan and press it tightly to make even surface.
6. Bake the crust for 15 mins. then remove from oven and spread the chocolate chips on it and let it cool to room temperature.
7. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat eggs until yolks and whites mixes well then beat with brown sugar, corn syrup, and melted butter.
8. When the batter becomes smooth, add coconut flakes and pecans and fold them nicely with the batter.
9. Pour this mixture onto the chocolate chips layer and bake for 30-35 mins. or until becomes golden from sides.
10. Remove the pan from heat and cool it for 10 mins. then refrigerate for an hour.
11. After that transfer the whole baked bar carefully to the counter and cut it into small bars using knife.
12. Now German Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars are now ready to serve.
photo source : 1