Toll House Pie
Preparation time : 80 mins. | Serves 8 pieces
This Toll House Pie is a cookie dough which is baked over a pie shell and served warm with a big scoop of ice cream or dollop of whipped cream. The combination is extremely delicious because the warm pie melts the ice cream which makes the pie more soft and juicy. The main thing in this recipe is the mixture of cookie dough is not baked completely it should remain soft.
½ cup flour
½ cup sugar
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup butter (softened or melted)
6 oz chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 unbaked pie shell (9”)
Ice cream for serving
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Gently beat eggs in a large mixing bowl till gets foamy fluffy texture.
3. After that alternately add flour, sugar and brown sugar and beat at medium speed until well blended.
4. Now add in butter and mix well, then fold the batter with chocolate chips and nuts.
5. Line the ready made pie shell over your pie dish and then transfer the whole batter into the pie shell. Bake for around 50-60 mins. make sure that batter would not completely bake or should not turn into hard.
6. Serve the hot Toll House Pie with scoop of your favorite ice cream and some chocolate sauce.
photo source : 1