Preparation time : 3 hrs. (approx.) | Serves 4-6 persons
This Hungarian Goulash Recipe is one of a kind of beef stew having thick shiny gravy and served with noodles. This recipe is prepared in saucepan but you can also prepare it in slow cooker for your ease. As far as adding vegetables are concerned, you can add your favorite like potato, green or yellow capsicum.
2 tbsp butter
2 lbs beef chuck (cubed)
2 carrots (sliced)
1 cup sliced onion
1 garlic clove (minced)
¼ cup tomato paste
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp salt
2 tsp hungarian paprika
½ tsp dry mustard (coarsely ground)
¼ tsp red cayenne pepper
1½ cup beef stock
2 tbsp flour
1 skinned and marinated red capsicum
3 cup hot cooked buttered noodles
1. Heat butter in large skillet until it melts completely. Add in beef chuck with onion and garlic and cook till onion become soft.
2. Now add tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, salt, paprika, mustard, cayenne and beef stock. Stir the mixture well and let it boils. After that reduce the heat to simmer, cover and cook for 2-3 hrs. until beef tenders completely.
3. When the beef is cooked well, add carrot and cook for 10 mins.
4. Dissolve flour in 4 tbsp of water and add it to the beef mixture. Stir well and cook for 1-2 mins. till sauce starts bubbling.
5. In the end add marinated capsicum and stir to fold into the sauce and then turn off the heat.
7. Take a serving platter place hot noodles on it and pour the prepared Hungarian flavored beef on top with a dollop of sour cream.
photo source : 1