Preparation time : 25 mins. | Serves 4 persons
This Mexican steak recipe is not spicy as other Mexican recipes, and also the cooking time of this beef steak is very quick hence its an easy recipe to prepare at home. If this steak is prepared with chicken then the cooking time become much more shorter.
500 gm round beef steak
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cup onion (chopped and divided)
1 can chunky tomato sauce
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tomato (chopped)
Salt to taste
1. Cut beef if you want small pieces as per your requirement.
2. Heat oil in a pan and cook beef and half of chopped onion in it on medium heat.
3. When onion starts to turn into brown color add rest of the ingredients including tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt and 1 cup water. Let it cook on slow heat for 10-12 mins until sauce starts to boil.
4. When the beef becomes tender remove the pan from heat and add remaining onions and tomatoes.
5. Take out the steak in serving platter and top with some sour cream just before serving.
photo source : 1