Preparation time : 30 mins. + Marinating time | Serves 6 steaks
This Pepper Steak Recipe is one of the hot and spicy steak prepared with dominating flavor of hot sauce, worcestershire sauce and black pepper. The special steak sauce and stir fry vegetables complement this steak and enhancing its taste.
2 lb beef steak (undercut)
¼ cup hot sauce
¼ cup worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp crushed black pepper
1 tbsp garlic (chopped)
Salt to taste
Leftover beef marinade
2 cup beef stock
1 tbsp brown sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp butter
1. Put the steak pieces in a plastic bag and make them little flat using meat tenderizer so that all flavors of marinade absorb well.
2. Now combine all the ingredients of marinade and mix them well. Dip all the steak pieces in that mixture and leave it for overnight. You may also reduce the marination time to 3 -4 hrs. if you want to make it in a hurry.
3. After that grease your grill pan and preheat it to moderate temperature. Place the steak pieces onto the grill pan and cook for 5-8 mins. when steaks are well marked with the grill linings and look brown from the bottom side then turn to the other side and cook for further 5 mins. until get the same brown color and marks.
4. When all the steaks are done, take a saucepan and cook beef stock with leftover beef marinade over medium heat until the mixture reduces to half.
5. Then add brown sugar and adjust the seasoning of salt and pepper according to your taste. Simmer for 5 mins. more then remove the pan from heat and add butter in it. The butter melts in the sauce and gives it little thicker and greasy look.
6. Serve the steaks onto the hot sizzling platter with sauted vegetables, fries and topping of prepared sauce.
photo source : 1