Preparation time : 30 mins. | Yield 10-12 biscuits
Use of lemon lime soda in the preparation of biscuits makes them extremely light and fluffy. Since these biscuits are prepared with a renowned brand hence they are named as 7-Up Biscuits.
2 cup all-purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
6 tbsp butter (melted)
½ cup 7-Up
½ cup sour cream
1. Sift together dry ingredients including flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Add 2 tbsp melted butter and mix thoroughly until soft crumbs are formed.
3. Now add sour cream and mix until well combined.
4. Start pouring 7-up to make soft smooth dough.
5. Transfer the dough onto the counter and knead a little bit using dust of flour.
6. When the dough is made pliable then make it slightly flat using rolling pin and then cut it into 2-inch squares.
7. Pour remaining melted butter into the 9-inch square pan and place the cut biscuits in the pan.
8. Place the pan in preheated oven at 450 degrees F for about 15 mins. or until become golden brown from top.
9. When biscuits are done, take them out from oven, cool them to room temperature and then serve with tea.
You can also use ready-made bisquick mix to make this recipe by eliminating flour, baking powder, salt and 2 tbsp butter from this recipe.
photo source : 1