Preparation time : 30 mins. | Serves 16 buns
This Cheese Buns Recipe is prepared with mozzarella cheese stuffing and cheddar cheese topping while the bun has garlic flavor. All these flavors combine to yield a cheesy garlic flavor of bun. You can also use some herb topping to give extra flavor to these buns.
1 cup lukewarm water
2 tsp sugar
1 pck instant yeast
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt
¼ cup olive oil
3 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup mozzarella bar (cut into cubes)
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup butter (melted)
1. Dissolve yeast and sugar in lukewarm water and let it stand for 5 mins. till becomes frothy.
2. Add this solution to the stand mixer bowl, along with garlic powder, salt and olive oil. Start mixing at low speed.
3. Gradually add flour to the bowl and increase the speed to medium. Keep mixing until soft dough would form.
4. Transfer the dough to the greased large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave it at warm place for at least an hour or until it rises to double.
5. After that punch down the dough and make 16 equal balls.
6. Take a ball, press it from the center, place a cube of mozzarella at the center and then bring the corners together to seal the cheese. Roll over your palm to give it round shape. Similarly, stuff cheese into remaining balls.
7. Take a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper, place the stuffed balls onto the sheet and keep 1-2 inch distance between each ball. Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese on top of each ball.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 10-12 mins. or until light golden from top.
9. When the buns are ready, take them out from oven, brush the top with melted butter and serve immediately.
photo source : 1