Preparation time : 90 min. (approx.) | Serves 1 medium loaf
This recipe of Egyptian bread is prepared with fig and dates and thus become very healthy meal for breakfast. The method is simple and easy you just need to mix the ingredients as mentioned below and then bake in oven, it only takes time in baking otherwise all the procedure is very easy. You may add raisins and other nuts of your choice.
2 oz butter (softened)
6 oz dried figs (chopped)
5 oz pitted dates (chopped)
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 cup boiling water
4 oz caster sugar
2 oz chopped walnuts
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2.5 oz cup all-purpose flour
3.5 oz whole wheat flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Take a mixing bowl and combine dates, fig and baking soda.
3. Add boiling water and mix well, leave it at room temperature for 15 min.
4. Meanwhile take another bowl and beat butter and sugar until become light then add eggs and beat till become fluffy and creamy.
5. Now combine egg mixture, date mixture and walnuts in a large mixing bowl and stir well to mix evenly.
6. Sift together both type of flour, baking powder and salt and fold it with the date mixture using spatula or wooden spoon.
7. Take a greased pan of any shape and pour the prepared bread mixture in it.
8. Place the pan in preheated oven for 60-70 min until become done. You can check it by inserting a toothpick in the center of pan if it comes out clean then the bread is ready to take out from oven.
9. After that cool the Egyptian bread to room temperature and then cut into slices.
photo source : 1