Preparation time : 60 mins | Serves 4 persons
This Italian focaccia bread recipe has some flavors of herbs with parmesan cheese on top which is one of a typical bread recipe from Italian Cuisine. Nowadays Italian focaccia bread is prepared like pizza for instance topping of vegetables, meat and cheese are used which gives its look and taste like pizza. I usually use my bread machine to knead and bake all kind of dough as it always gives me excellent result and save my time.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp instant yeast
2 cup warm water or as required
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 large egg (beaten)
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp milk powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp rosemary
1 tsp parsley
1 tbsp parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. To prepare this Italian Focaccia Bread dissolve yeast and sugar in half cup of warm water and leave it for 5 mins until become creamy.
3. Take a large mixing bowl and combine flour, milk powder, salt, egg, 3 tbsp olive oil and yeast mixture. Mix them together using your hands only.
4. Now gradually add warm water to the mixture until a firm dough would form, the should be soft and smooth add some flour in the end if necessary so that dough would not stick to your hands.
5. Brush the dough from top and leave it aside for 30 min to rise in a air tight bowl.
6. After that spread the dough in circular shape for that purpose you may take a large pizza pan, sprinkle oregano, rosemary, parsley and parmesan cheese on top. Place it into a preheated oven for 10-15 mins. until become light golden in color.