Preparation time : 40 min + Dough Resting time | Serves 2 dozen
Honey Oat Rolls are another addition to our rolls corner, these rolls are best for tea-time snack and are very light in taste just like plain bun. These rolls are also suitable for health conscious persons as there is no sugar used in the preparation and instead of that honey is used.
2½ cup all-purpose flour (or as required)
¾ cup whole wheat flour
½ cup old-fashioned oats
½ oz active dry yeast
¼ cup raisins
1 tsp salt
1 cup water
¼ cup honey
5 tbsp butter
1. In a mixing bowl combine 1 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats, yeast and salt.
2. Heat water in a sauce pan with honey and 4 tablespoons butter over low heat until gets slightly warm (just before boiling point).
3. Turn off the heat and gradually add dry mixture to the water. Keep speed of beater at low while mixing then increase the speed and beat until moistened.
4. Add raisins and fold it nicely with the mixture then gradually add remaining flour until soft smooth dough would form. After that, knead it for further few minutes to make it elastic dough.
5. Place the dough in a deep grease bowl, cover it tightly and leave for an hour to rise.
6. After that punch down the dough into the floured surface, make 24 small balls and then place over the greased baking dish. Cover them and let them rise again for 30 min.
7. Bake it in preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 20-22 minutes or until become golden brown.
8. When the honey oat rolls have been done then brush them with remaining butter and serve with re air coffee.
photo source : 1