Preparation time : 50 mins. + 1 hr. Dough Resting Time | Serves 12-16 breads
This Curry Bread Recipe is Japanese style stuffed bread, which is commonly known as Curry Pan or kare Pan. It is prepared in three steps; first dough is prepared with curry flavor, then stuffing is prepared with beef and some vegetables and in the end coat with crumbs. The Curry Pan is usually baked but in some recipes, it is prepared by frying method. Here in this recipe baking method is used.
5 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp yeast
1 tsp sugar
3 tbsp curry powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1-2 eggs (lightly beaten)
½ cup butter
1 lb ground beef
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 onion (finely chopped)
½ tsp crushed black pepper
3-4 green chilies
1 tsp curry powder
½ bunch coriander (finely chopped)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 small capsicum (finely chopped)
1 small carrot (finely chopped)
2-3 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
1-2 eggs (lightly beaten)
Bread Crumbs as required
Butter as required
1. To prepare this curry pan recipe first need to prepare curry buns, for that you need to dissolve yeast and sugar in ¼ cup lukewarm water and set aside for 5 mins. until the solution becomes fluffy.
2. In a mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients including flour, salt, curry powder and baking powder.
3. Add butter, eggs and yeast solution to the dry mixture, and mix well, gradually add small amount of water until smooth and soft dough would form. You can do this using hands or dough mixer.
4. Place the dough into the deep bowl, cover the bowl with plastic and keep it at warm place for an hour or until it rises to double.
5. After that punch down the dough and divide it into small balls of 2-inch size. Place them on a baking tray and set aside for 20-30 mins.
6. Meanwhile prepare stuffing for the kare pan, in a saucepan heat oil and sauté onion in it for just 1-2 mins.
7. Then add garlic and ground beef, and cook for 3-5 mins. over high heat until beef turns into brown.
8. Now, add remaining ingredients including capsicum, carrot, black pepper, green chilies, curry powder, coriander, lemon juice and salt. Mix them well and simmer for 10-15 mins. or until cook thoroughly.
9. To stuff the curry pan, take a dough ball, make it little flat and then put the 2 tbsp of prepared stuffing in the center. Bring close together all the edges and pinch with a twist to seal the stuffing. Similarly prepare rest of the curry breads.
8. After that, dip stuffed breads in eggs and the dredge into the breadcrumbs. Place these stuffed curry breads onto the greased baking tray keeping some distance between the buns.
9. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 25-30 mins. or until become crispy golden brown from top.
10. Serve the hot Curry Bread after cutting into slices.
photo source : 1