Preparation time : 60 mins. | Serves 6-8 persons
This Soda Bread recipe is form Irish cuisine in which buttermilk and raisins are used. It can also be prepared with whole wheat bread which would be healthy and even more softer than that prepared with white flour.
3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp caster sugar
1/2 cup raisins
1 egg (beaten)
1 cup buttermilk
2 tbsp margarine (melted)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sift together dry ingredients including flour, baking soda and sugar.
3. Incorporate raisins with the flour mixture.
4. Now to knead the dough transfer the mixture on your counter or take a wide dish and make a well in the center.
5. Put the beaten egg, buttermilk and margarine in the center of well and mix them in the dry mixture.
6. Knead well after mixing to make soft smooth dough and make a circular ball of this dough.
7. Put this ball into the greased baking pan and place in preheated oven for 45 mins. until become light brown from tops and sides.
<p style=”font-size:80%; text-align:right;”>photo source : <u><a href=”
” rel=”nofollow” target=”_blank”>1</a></u>