Preparation time : 40 mins. + Dough resting time | Serves 13×10-inches bread
This Tomato Focaccia Recipe is a modified form of plain focaccia bread. In addition with tomatoes for the topping some other herbs like basil and rosemary are also used to give flavorful Italian aroma.
4 cup bread flour
2 cup lukewarm water
2 tsp salt
2 tsp active dried yeast
2 cup cherry tomatoes
Fresh rosemary leaves
Hand full of Fresh basil leaves
2-3 tbsp olive oil
1. In a mixing bowl, combine yeast and lukewarm water and set aside for 5 mins. until the mixture gets frothy.
2. After that add half of the bread flour and salt to the yeast mixture and mix until the mixture turn into soft and sticky dough.
3. Now slowly add rest of the bread flour and knead to form the smooth dough, then transfer the dough into the deep bowl, cover the bowl and leave at warm place for at least an hour or until doubles in size.
4. After that, grease your hands with oil and punch the dough down to form a ball. Transfer the ball onto the greased counter and roll it to the rectangular shape. The rolled dough would have thickness of around ½ – inch.
5. Transfer the bread into the greased and dusted baking tray and poke the dough using knife at 1-inch distance.
6. Place the cherry tomatoes at the poked area, spread the fresh basil and rosemary leaves and sprinkle olive oil evenly over the whole bread.
7. Place the dish in preheated oven at 430 degrees F for 18-20 mins. or until lightly golden.
photo source : 1