Preparation time : 60 mins. | Serves 2 loaf
This white bread recipe is one of our economical recipe through which you can prepare two loaves at a time. To perfectly make white bread you need to roll the dough after rest and then fold it in layers and again give it rest for the same period. In this way the bread would become soft and light.
450 gm all purpose flour
1 tbsp instant yeast
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp salt
2 tbsp butter
2 ¼ cups of skim milk
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Dissolve yeast in half cup of lukewarm water and 1 tablespoon of sugar and leave it for 10 mins.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, remaining sugar, salt, butter and yeast solution.
4. Now gradually add warm milk to the mixture until a soft smooth dough would form. It would take 10-15 mins to knead the dough perfectly.
5. Coat the dough with oil and leave it for 30 mins. to rise at room temperature.
6. After that divide dough into two equal parts and place each of them in separate loaf tin which was greased earlier. Place these tins in preheated oven for 25 to 30 mins or until it becomes lightly brown from top.