Preparation time: 60 mins. | Serves 8-10 persons
This Cinnabon Cake Recipe is a delicious cinnamon cake prepared with sugar frosting. It is prepared in three steps; first vanilla cake batter is prepared then the cinnamon batter is topped onto the vanilla batter and then bake. In the end, sugar glaze frosting is drizzled on top, which adds extra flavor to the cake. You may also use cream cheese frosting to make it richer in taste.
3 cup flour
¼ tsp salt
1 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1½ cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
½ cup butter (melted)
For Cinnamon Topping:
1 cup butter (melted)
1 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 cups powdered sugar
5 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. In a stand mixer bowl, beat together milk, eggs, and vanilla until well combined.
2. Sift together dry ingredients including flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the vanilla batter and mix at low speed until become smooth. Then add melted butter and mix it well using a spatula.
4. Take a greased and dusted rectangular baking dish, pour the batter into the dish, and set aside.
5. Now to prepare the cinnamon topping, combine butter, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon until well combined.
6. Spread this mixture onto the cake batter and give a marble texture using a fork.
7. Place the dish in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 30-40 mins. or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean from the center.
8. Meanwhile prepare the glaze for the cake, combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla, and make a uniform paste.
9. When the cake is done, cool it to room temperature and then drizzle the prepared glaze on top.
10. Cut the cake into bars and then serve the delicious Cinnabon Cake.
photo source : 1
I made this recipe and even though I left in the oven an extra 20 minutes, the center was not cooked. I did use a stainless steel restaurant 1/2 pan (approx 9 x 11 x 2 ) if that matters. where did I go wrong. Note: the oven is accurate at 350 degrees,
I think you need to check your oven temperature. I suggest you to use thermometer to check whether your oven is working properly or not. I don’t think that is there anything wrong with the recipe because I made it many times and the result were accurate all the time.