This is one of those lemon cakes that can be presented on Christmas Day and that is why I have put this lemon cream cake recipe here.This lemon cake requires no baking and is slightly different from other lemon pound cakes because of the fact that its sponge is prepared from different ingredients and when it is decorated with lemon filling and cream it looks more attractive and also tastes delicious. Another main point which should be kept in mind while doing baking is accurate measurement so it is suggested to use kitchen weigh scale for correct measurement of ingredients.
14 oz plain flour
1 tbspn baking powder
1 tspn salt
4 oz white sugar
4 oz cup vegetable oil
6 egg yolks
6 oz water
1 tbspn lemon zest
6 egg whites
1/2 tspn cream of tartar
6 oz white sugar
8 oz heavy whipping cream
20 oz lemon pie filling
6-8 slices lemon
|Wilton 53 Piece Supreme Cake Decorating Set
|Wilton Master Tip Set for professional cake decoration
|Revolving Cake Decorating Stand
|MIU Stainless-Steel 7-Piece Measuring Cup Set
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Take a bowl to mix all the dry ingredients like flour, baking powder, salt, and 4 ounce sugar.
3. Using electric beater make a smooth paste of oil, egg yolks, water and lemon zest and mix in the dry mixture in it.
4. Beat egg whites and cream of tarter until the mixture become foamy and set.
5. Now gradually add rest of sugar and beat to form the same foamy texture.
6. Mix the above two batter i.e. egg yolk batter and egg white batter slowly and gradually.
7. Pour the batter onto the good baking pan and place it to oven for 20-30 mins. To check weather the cake is ready to take out, insert tooth pick in the pan and if it takes out clean then cake is ready.
8. Beat cream for 5-10 mins and then fold in lemon pie filling. Put the mixture in the fridge to chill.
9. Cut cake horizontally into 2 or 3 equal layers. Now coat all the slices of cake with the prepared filling.
Delicious lemon cream cake is ready to serve and this is preferred to present as Christmas cake.
Note: For techniques and decoration ideas, kindly refer to the Cake decoration Book.