Cake is one of the most important items on occasions like anniversary and Birthday and hence appearance in terms of its decoration has to be done accordingly. Unlimited variety of cakes are being prepared with different methods either by baking or by freezing. Lemon pound cake is made just like simple sponge cake, the only difference is the addition of lemon juice flavor to it. Lemon cake can be decorated with lemon curd and cream toppings by the help of various cake decoration techniques and it tastes very yummy too.
For Lemon Curd:
100 gm icing sugar
3 tbspn Lemon juice with zest
60 gm butter
For Lemon Sponge Cake:
225 gm plain flour
225 gm icing sugar
2 tbspn lemon juice (one lemon)
225 gm butter
1 tspn baking powder
|TNordic Ware Pineapple Upside Down Mini Cake Pan|
|Perfect Cakes (Hardcover)|
|Wilton Armetale Flutes and Pearls Cake Stand|
|MIU Stainless-Steel 7-Piece Measuring Cup Set|
Preparation of Lemon Curd:
1. Mix all the ingredients of lemon curd and place this bowl over hot water which is still boiling (it is called double boiler).
2. Continuously stir the mixture while cooking and cook till the mixture gets thick like custard.
3. Cool it at room temperature and place for few minutes in fridge.
Preparation of Lemon Sponge Cake:
1. Beat butter and icing sugar using electric beater to mix well.
2. Now add eggs one by one and beat the mixture.
3. When eggs mix well in the mixture add lemon juice and beat again to mix.
4. Mix flour and baking powder and gradually put the four the batter so that lumps are not formed and forma thick batter of lemon cake.
5. Now put the batter in a baking pan and place it in the preheated oven for 20mins at 180oC.
6. When cake is baked and cool at room temperature, cut it from the center horizontally and coat the cooled lemon curd on the base piece of the cake.
7. Place the second piece of cake over it and again coat the top with rest of the lemon curd.
8. In the end, coat the top with whipped cream and put the cake in fridge for few minutes to chill.
Lemon pound cake is ready to be served. Enjoy this delicious recipe.