Preparation time : 20 mins. + 2 hr. Setting time | Serves 8 persons
This is another no bake cheesecake recipe of pineapple flavor. In this pineapple cheesecake lemon jello is used instead of gelatin not only to set the batter but also for giving lemon flavor.
1 lemon jello
1 pineapple jello
1 can crushed pineapple (drained)
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup whipped cream
Gram crackers for making 1 inch base of your pan
1/2 cup melted butter (for making crumbs)
1. Mix gram cracker with butter until soft crumbs are formed then take a medium size spring form pan and make a 1 inch layer of these crumbs at the base and sides of the pan. Press the crumbs well so that no air would remain between the crumbs otherwise they may not easily cut while serving.
2. After that place the pan in microwave for just 2-3 mins. Then place it in fridge.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until become smooth, then add cream and sugar and beat again so that a thick batter would form.
4. Mix lemon jello in hot water (1 cup) and then cool it to room temperature by constant stirring so that crystals of jelly may not form and then mix it to the cream cheese batter with pineapple chunks (reserve 3-4 slices for topping).
5. Pour this batter onto the prepared crust and then place it in fridge for 2-3 hours until sets.
6. When the batter sets well, prepare pineapple jello mix in the same way and cool to room temperature.
7. Spread chunks of pineapple on the top of cake and pour the jello onto the top, them place in fridge for just 15 mins more.
photo source : 1