Preparation time : 1 hr. 45 mins. (approx.) | Serves 8-10 persons
This Pineapple Pound Cake is a moist and soft pound cake, which takes bit longer time to prepare. You can prepare other flavor of pound cake using the same recipe by just replacing pineapple with your favorite fruit like cherry, orange, etc.
½ cup vegetable shortening
2 stick butter
1 lb sugar
6 large eggs
10 oz all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
¼ cup half-and-half milk
1 tbsp vanilla
¾ cup crushed pineapple with Juice
6 oz confectioners’ sugar
½ cup crushed pineapple
1. Sift together dry ingredients including flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In the stand mixer bowl, cream together butter, shortening and sugar until become light and fluffy.
3. After that add eggs one by one and beat after each addition. Beat the batter at high speed for 3-5 mins.
4. Reduce the speed to low and alternately add flour mixture and milk to the batter.
5. When the mixture becomes smooth, add crushed pineapple and mix it well.
6. Pour the batter into the greased bundt pan or any cake pan and place it in preheated oven at 325 degrees F for 60-70 mins. or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean from the center.
7. Meanwhile prepare glaze by mixing the sugar and crushed pineapple together.
8. When the cake is ready, cool it 5 mins. then pour the glaze on top while the cake is still warm.
9. Serve the yummy pineapple pound cake after cutting into slices with dollop of cream or ice cream.
photo source : 1