This good plum cake recipe is prepared with slightly different method than other fruit cake because margarine is first mixed with flour to make crumbs and liquid mixture of egg is beaten separately hence has slightly different texture. You can make it juicy by adding plum sauce (cook together golden syrup, water and plum) for topping.
8 oz self-rising flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3.5 oz baking margarine
2 oz raisins
2 oz soft brown sugar
2 large eggs
4 tbsp golden syrup
8 oz dried plums (soaked in water for overnight and chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Make soft crumbs using flour, half the cinnamon and the margarine together.
3. Add the raisins and brown sugar and stir mix well.
4. In a separate bowl beat eggs and syrup together and then mix with plums.
5. Now combine crumbs mixture and egg mixture together and form smooth batter.
6. Transfer the batter into the greased baking pan of suitable size and sprinkle remaining cinnamon over it. Bake for at least 50 min till become golden brown from top.
7. Then cool it on wire rack and then cut into pieces for serving
photo source : 1