Preparation time : 90 mins. | Serves 8 persons
This potato cake recipe can be prepared with either potato or sweet potato, here in this recipe sweet potato is used. The frosting of cream cheese with chocolate flavor enhances its flavor, in between the two layers of cake whipped cream is used, you may also use any other fruit flavor cream like orange cream prepared with whipped cream and orange juice.
2 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1 1/4 cup sweet potatoes (boiled and mashed)
1/2 cup milk
2 cup of flour
5 tsp melted chocolate
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp baking powder
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
100 gm butter or margarine (softened)
10 oz powdered sugar (according to taste)
2 oz chocolate (melted)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs one by one and beat after each addition until the mixture becomes foamy.
4. Sift together dry ingredients including flour, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and baking powder.
5. Now mix potatoes and milk in the egg mixture until become smooth.
6. Gradually add dry mixture to the batter so that no lumps would be there.
7. In the end fold the melted chocolate with the above batter.
8. In a greased baking pan pour the batter and place in preheated oven for 50-60 mins. until the cake would have been done.
9. While the cake is baking prepare frosting for the cake, for that you need to beat cream cheese in a bowl until become smooth.
10. After that add butter and beat for 2-3 mins.
11. Add sugar and chocolate to the mixture and beat for 3 mins. Then place in fridge for 15-20 mins. until sets.
12. When the cake is done cool it to room temperature and divide it horizontally into two equal parts.
13. Make a layer of whipped cream on one of the piece of cake and cover with another piece, then apply prepared frosting at the top and sides of the cake and place in fridge to chill for at least half an hour.
photo source : 1