Preparation time : 70 mins. | Serves 8 persons
This baked rigatoni recipe is another addition to our casserole recipes. In this recipe three different cheeses are used in the assembling which includes cottage cheese, mozzarella and cheddar. You may also use cheese of your own choice.
¼ cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic minced
½ large onion finely chopped
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
12 ounces tomato paste (one large can)
3 cups water
2 ½ cup red tomatoes (remove seeds)
1tsp basil (chopped)
Salt to taste
1tbsp parsley leaves (chopped)
2 beaten eggs
Black pepper to taste
1 cup cottage cheese
¾ cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
1. At first prepare sauce, to do this heat oil in a pan and sauté garlic, onions and red pepper flakes for 2-3 mins until become golden in color.
2. Add tomato paste and chopped tomatoes with half cup of water and simmer for 20-30 mins until tomatoes become completely soft.
3. Now add seasoning including oregano, basil, salt, and sugar and cook for another 20 mins at medium high heat until become thick.
4. Now prepare another mixture of cottage cheese for stuffing by mixing parsley, eggs and pepper with cottage cheese.
5. Now take a deep casserole dish and spread some sauce at the base the sides of the dish, then make a layer of pasta, pour few spoons of sauce over it and then make a layer of cottage cheese mixture over it. Similarly make another two sets of these layers with Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
6. Place the pan in preheated oven for 15 mins at 350 degrees F.
photo source : 1