Preparation time : 30 mins. | Serves 6-8 persons
This chicken 65 recipe is one of a very famous snack food in South India, its bit spicy recipe which is prepared with fried chicken and little coating of spicy gravy over it. The gravy is no more prepared with onion and tomatoes, it is solely prepared with the traditional spices, herbs and yogurt which helps in coating the spicy flavor over the chicken.
2 lb boneless chicken
1 tsp salt
5 tsp cornflour
1½ tsp black pepper
3 tbsp ginger and garlic
¾ tsp cumin seeds
1-2 green chilies (finely chopped)
10 curry leaves
½ tsp cumin powder
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp hot mix spice powder
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Red food color few drops
½ cup yoghurt
¾ tsp salt
1. In a mixing bowl marinate chicken with cornflour, ¾ tsp black pepper, salt, egg, 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste and ¼ tsp red chili.
3. Heat oil for shallow frying and fry chicken over medium heat till become brown. Remove the fried chicken and set aside.
4. In a wok, add the same oil used for chicken, fry cumin seeds till it starts to splutter, then add 1 tbsp ginger garlic, green chilies, curry leaves and fry for 2 mins.
5. Add in black pepper powder, cumin powder, chili powder, hot mix spice powder and salt and cook for 1-2 mins. on medium flame with ¼ cup of water.
6. Now add red food color, mix well and add in the fried chicken pieces and yogurt. Mix them well so that all the spices and yogurt completely coat over the chicken.
7. Cook for 5 min more without covering the lid and serve immediately with garnishing of fresh coriander, spring onion and fried potatoes.
photo source : 1