Preparation time: 30 mins. | Serves 6 persons
This Chicken Chasseur Recipe is a famous French-style chicken curry prepared with special chasseur sauce. The flavor of the sauce develops with mushrooms, garlic, chicken stock, lemon juice, tomatoes, and a bit of herb. The sauce is no spicier but has some salty and sour taste.
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 whole chicken (cut into pieces)
Salt to taste
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
1 tbsp butter
1 onion (chopped)
¾ lb mushrooms (sliced)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1½ tsp flour
3 tbsp lemon juice
2/3 cup chicken stock
1 cup canned tomatoes (crushed and drained)
¼ tsp dried thyme
2 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
1. In a heavy pan, heat oil and fry chicken with a little bit of salt and pepper over medium heat until chicken turn light golden in color.
2. Take out the chicken from the pan, reduce the flame to low, and add butter.
3. When butter melts completely add onion and sauté until become translucent, then add mushrooms and garlic with some salt. Cook over medium heat until they turn brown.
4. Now add flour and stir well to cook for just a few seconds, then add lemon juice, chicken stock, tomatoes, thyme, and salt and pepper. Stir well to mix the ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
5. After that, add chicken pieces and simmer for about 10-15 mins. until chicken is cooked thoroughly and oil appears on top.
6. Sprinkle some fresh parsley and serve the hot Chicken Chasseur with steamed rice or salad.