Preparation time : 30 min + 2 hrs. Marinating time | Serves 2-4 persons
This chicken fingers recipe is prepared with baking method hence become one of a healthy food due to negligible amount of oil is used. You can add seasoning according to your taste or can make variations in it.
1 lb boneless chicken (cut into strips)
2 cup low-fat buttermilk
½ cup whole wheat flour
3 cup panko bread crumbs
1 cup corn flakes
1 tsp sea salt or to taste
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1. Soak chicken in buttermilk for 2 hrs. You can keep it as it is up to 24 hrs.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
3. In a mixing bowl combine flour, panko, corn flakes, salt, paprika and garlic powder.
4. Coat chicken strips with the dry mixture well and press coated the strips using your palms so that crumbs would stick to the chicken.
5. Place a aluminum foil on a baking tray and spray with oil, place the chicken pieces onto the foil and again spray cooking oil onto the chicken.
6. Bake for 12 min in preheated oven, then turn each strip to other side and bake again for 12 min until become golden brown.
7. Serve the hot chicken fingers with ketchup or any dip sauce.
photo source : 1