Preparation time: 30 mins. + 1 hr. Marinating time | Serves 4-6 persons
This Chicken Gyro Recipe is a Greek food and here it is prepared in roll style. In this recipe, Chicken Gyro is assembled with vegetables, Tzatziki sauce, and then roll with pita bread. This snack is very delicious and healthy and can be a good meal for lunch.
For Tzatziki Sauce:
1 cup Greek yogurt
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 medium cucumber (grated and squeezed)
1 tsp crushed black pepper
Salt to taste
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp paprika powder
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp fresh dill (chopped)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp garlic paste
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp chili sauce
1 tbsp Italian mixed herbs
1 tbsp crushed black pepper
1 tsp crushed red chili (optional)
Salt to taste
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 medium tomatoes (thinly sliced)
1 large onion (thinly sliced)
2 cup lettuce (thinly sliced)
Pita bread as required
1. Marinate chicken with the ingredients mentioned for marination and then leave for at least half an hour.
2. Meanwhile prepare Tzatziki sauce, you need to whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, black pepper, paprika, garlic paste, and salt and adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
3. Add grated and squeezed cucumber and chopped dill to the mixture and mix well. The tzatziki sauce is ready, in order to get the best results refrigerate this sauce overnight otherwise you will have to refrigerate it for an hour.
4. Now cook the marinated chicken breasts in a greased skillet for 5 mins. per side over medium-low heat.
5. When the chicken is almost done, transfer the chicken breasts into the dish and cut them into thick strips.
6. After that toss the chicken strips with the remaining marination sauce in the skillet and then transfer it into the preheated grill pan. Cook it for further 2-3 mins. just to give it a grilling aroma or you may use a piece of heated charcoal to give the aroma.
7. Now assemble the chicken gyro, first, take warm pita bread, place it onto the foiling sheet, spread 2 tbsp of prepared tzatziki sauce over the whole bread, then place a few chicken strips, lettuce, tomato slices, and onion rings and then add 1 tbsp of tzatziki sauce on top. Roll the bread by overlapping both ends together and then wrap it in the foil sheet.
8. Yummy Chicken Gyro with Tzatziki sauce is now ready to serve.
photo source : 1