Preparation time : 35 mins. | Serves 8 persons
This Chicken Lombardy is taken from Italian region of Lombardy. In this recipe, the crispy cooked chicken is baked with mushrooms, cheese, spring onion and particular sauce made with broth and grape juice. This easy chicken casserole is usually served with cooked pasta.
3½ cup fresh mushrooms (sliced)
2 tbsp butter (melted)
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch strips)
½ cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup butter (softened)
¾ cup unsweetened white grape juice
½ cup chicken broth
½ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup parmesan cheese
2 green onions chopped
1. Cook mushrooms in melted butter for 3-5 mins in skillet over medium-high heat. Stir continuously while cooking so that mushrooms cook evenly.
2. Place chicken strips ins Ziploc bag and make it flat of around 1 mm thickness.
3. Dust chicken pieces with flour and set aside.
4. Heat butter in a skillet, cook the chicken pieces in butter for 3-5 mins. until become golden brown from both sides.
5. Transfer the cooked chicken pieces into the casserole dish and cover the base of dish with chicken pieces. Then spread cooked mushrooms onto the chicken.
6. To prepare sauce, cook together grape juice and broth in a pan.
7. When the mixture starts boiling, add salt and pepper and simmer uncovered for 5 mins more.
8. Pour this sauce over the mushroom layer in the casserole dish, spread spring onion, mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top.
9. Bake in preheated oven at 450 degrees F for 15 mins. until cheese melts and bubbles appear on top.
10. Serve the Chicken Lombardy over the bed of cooked pasta.
photo source : 1