Preparation time : 30 mins. | Serves 2-4 persons
This Chicken Roulade Recipe is slightly different because it is cooked by two ways; first it is boiled and then fried. If you have health issues you may skip the frying step. The Roulade is stuffed with spinach and cheese mixture.
2 boneless chicken breasts
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
½ tsp paprika
1 tbsp lemon juice
Breadcrumbs as required
Oil for deep frying
2 lb spinach (chopped)
1 tbsp garlic (crushed)
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp crushed red pepper
Salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
½ cup cheddar cheese (grated)
1. At first, make pockets in the chicken breasts, divide the breast into two halves. Take one of the halve. Place it into the wet ziploc bag and make it flat using meat pounder. Similarly do this with other breast half.
2. Marinate chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and lemon juice and leave for 15 mins.
2. To prepare stuffing, saute garlic in the oil for just 1-2 mins.
3. Add in spinach and cook over medium heat for 3-4 mins.
4. Then add seasoning of, black pepper, red pepper and salt and cook for 5 mins. until spinach gets dry.
5. Take out the spinach into the bowl and let it cool to room temperature then add grated cheese in it and set aside.
6. Now place half of the prepared spinach mixture at the corner of one chicken breast half and roll it tightly. Take a foiling sheet or cellophane sheet, wrap the rolled chicken with the sheet in lengthwise direction. Twist the extra corners of the cellophane tightly as much as possible to give it perfect roulade shape. Similarly prepare another chicken roll.
7. Dip both the rolls into the boiling water and simmer for 10 mins.
8. Meanwhile heat oil for deep frying in the wok, after 10 mins. take out the chicken from water take off the foiling sheet and coat the cooked chicken roulade with breadcrumbs.
9. Put the crumbled chicken roulade into the oil and fry for just 3-4 mins. to give golden brown color.
10. After that take out the chicken from the oil and carefully slice the chicken rolls into thick slices. Serve the hot chicken roulade with brown sauce topping.
photo source : 1