Preparation time : 40 mins. (approx.) | Serves 4-6 persons
This Chicken Terrine Recipe is taken from French Cuisine, where it is prepared with chicken liver and other meat. In this particular recipe, only chicken flavor is used in the form of liver and ground meat. The chicken terrine can also be used to make sandwiches.
4 chicken livers (rinsed and dried)
3 tbsp oil
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
4-6 cloves (minced)
1 medium onion (finely chopped)
2-4 tbsp fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
4-6 green chilies (chopped)
Salt to taste
1 tsp black pepper
½ cup water
1 cup ground chicken
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1. Chop the chicken liver using into very small pieces sharp knife. Don’t use food processor otherwise liver will become watery.
2. Heat oil in a wok, add minced liver in it and cook for 1-2 mins. until its color changes to white.
3. Now add butter and flour and mix well. Cook it for 1-2 mins more.
4. After that add garlic, onion, coriander, green chilies, salt and black pepper. Cook them together over medium heat for 3-5 mins. until all flavors incorporate well.
5. Add water and cook it for few more mins. till the gravy starts bubbling and becomes thick.
6. Remove the pan from heat and let it cool to room temperature, meanwhile stir the cooked liver continuously to make smooth paste.
7. Then add ground chicken and beaten eggs and mix them well using spatula.
8. When all the ingredients mix well, take a greased loaf and pour the mixture into the pan. Tap the pan 2-3 times to remove air bubbles and then bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 20-25 mins. or until the top becomes golden brown.
9. When the terrine is done cool it to room temperature and then take it out from pan. Cut it into slices before serving.
10. Serve the chicken terrine slices with bread, salsa and fresh salad.
photo source : 1