Preparation time: 8 hrs. | Serves 6 persons
This Crock Pot Sweet Garlic Chicken has some sweet, sour, and spicy flavor and is usually served over boiled rice or noodles. The chicken is very soft and juicy and the sweet garlic sauce enhances its flavor. You can even serve it for sandwich filling.
2 lb chicken breasts
8 oz brown sugar
2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
¼ cup lemon-lime soda
2-3 tbsp garlic (minced)
2 tbsp soy sauce
½ tsp salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp water
½ tsp red pepper flakes
1. In a mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce, salt, and pepper together.
2. Take a crock pot; first place chicken pieces at the base of the cooker then pour the prepared mixture on top of the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hrs. or on high for 4 hrs.
3. After that transfer the chicken pieces into the saucepan and drizzle the remaining sauce on top.
4. Cook chicken over medium-high heat with red pepper flakes until sauce starts to boil.
5. Dissolve cornstarch in water, add it to the chicken and stir well to mix. When the sauce starts to thicken and forms a glaze then remove the pan from heat and let it cool for 5 mins.
6. Serve the hot Crock Pot Sweet Garlic Chicken with rice.
I have a question: Is the chicken boneless/skinless? I have a whole chicken I’m going to cut up, skin and debone.
This sounds like a great recipe.
This recipe is basically prepared with boneless chicken but you can try this with whole chicken as well but make sure that you will have to use only skinless chicken.