Preparation time: 80 mins. | Serves 6-8 persons
This Hungarian Chicken Paprikash Recipe closely matches the original Chicken Paprikash from Hungarian cuisine. The recipe requires very few ingredients and only takes time in simmering during which all the juices from the chicken absorb into the gravy and the chicken becomes very soft. You can make this recipe with chicken thighs which are used in typical Hungarian recipes.
½ cup butter
1½ tbsp Hungarian paprika
2 medium onions (chopped)
4 cloves garlic (chopped)
2 lb chicken (large pieces)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup sour cream
1 large green bell pepper (sliced)
1. Heat butter in a heavy pan; add onion and garlic and cook till become soft. It would take 2-3 mins.
2. Add chicken and cook for about 5 mins. until the chicken turns golden in color.
3. Now add paprika and cook for 2-3 mins. Add chicken stock, cover, and simmer over low heat for about an hour. Occasionally stir while simmering.
4. After that add salt, pepper, and sour cream and simmer again over medium heat for 5-10 mins.
5. When the oil appears on top, turn off the heat and add some green pepper slices on top.
6. Serve the hot Hungarian Paprikash with steamed rice.
photo source : 1