Preparation time : 40 mins. + 30 mins. Marinating time | Serves 8 persons
This Saffron Chicken is prepared with saffron flavor with very few seasoning ingredients. The chicken is actually cooked via grilling or baking method but you can also cook it over stove in a heavy saucepan. This chicken is usually served with saffron rice or simple fried rice.
1 whole chicken (cut it into 16 pieces)
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp saffron
1 large onion (thinly sliced)
2 tsp chili powder
1 cup cream
2 tsp garlic
½ tsp ground cardamom
1 ½ tsp salt
1. In a frying pan, toast the saffron threads for few seconds otherwise they will start to burn.
2. When the toasted saffron threads are cooled to room temperature they will become crisp and can be easily crushed.
3. Now dissolve the crushed saffron into 1 tbsp of hot water and set aside.
4. Now heat butter and oil in a pan, fry onion in it till become light golden in color.
5. Then add garlic, salt, cardamom and chili powder along with saffron mixture and just cook to mix them together.
6. Cool the mixture and then combine the mixture with cream, marinate chicken pieces with this mixture and leave for 30 mins.
7. After that you may either cook it on charcoal grill or bake in oven or cook in a heavy saucepan until become tender completely.
8. Serve the hot saffron chicken with saffron rice.
photo source : 1