Preparation time : 30 min. | Serves 12-16 scones
This recipe of apple scones is more or less similar to other scones recipe except apple is used in place of other flavor. Juicy and fresh apple gives wonderful flavor to these scones as a result soft and crispy scones are formed. These scones can be served with cream and caramel apple sauce.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking soda
8 tbsp unsalted butter (softened)
1 cup shredded apple
½ cup buttermilk
1 large egg (lightly beaten)
1 tbsp milk
2 tbsp icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Sift together dry ingredients including flour, 2 tbsp sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
3. Mix the dry mixture with the butter until soft crumbs would form.
4. Add shredded apples to the crumbs and mix well.
5. Now make well of this mixture, then pour buttermilk and egg in the center of well and gradually mix dry mixture. When all the ingredients incorporate well then sticky dough would form.
6. Take some portion of dough and knead it well with little more flour so that it can roll easily, when the dough becomes smooth roll it to 8-inch circle having thickness of ¼ inch and then cut into round biscuit shape using cookie cutter of suitable size. Repeat this procedure for rest of the scones.
7. Now place these scones on a greased baking sheet keeping 1-2 inch distance between each scone. Brush the top of each scone with milk and caster sugar and then place in oven for 12-15 min until become light golden from top.
8. When the apple scones are done take them out from oven, cool to room temperature and then transfer onto the serving platter.
photo source : 1