Preparation time : 40 min. | Serves 16-20 cookies
These carrot cookies are prepared mainly with raw carrots and oatmeal hence becomes soft and crisp from outside. This delicious recipe of cookies can also be prepared with brown sugar instead of regular sugar to make it healthy and get lesser sweet flavor.
½ cup butter
1 ½ cup white sugar
2 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
2 tsp baking power
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 cup oatmeal
1 cup raw grated carrots
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together until become creamy.
2. Add beaten eggs and beat again for 3-4 min.
3. Sift together dry ingredients including flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Gradually mix the dry mixture and vanilla with the egg mixture until batter becomes smooth.
5. Fold the batter with the carrots and oatmeal using spatula.
6. Take a greased and dusted baking sheet and drop 1 tbsp of batter at 2 inches apart. Place the pan in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 min until become light golden in color.
7. After that take out the cookie sheet from the oven and let it cool at room temperature.
photo source : 1