Preparation time : 30 mins. | Serves 12-16 cookies
This Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies Recipe is prepared mainly with cream cheese flavor thus has some sweet and salty taste. It is soft and little crispy in texture and the topping of sugar on top enhances its taste.
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
1 stick butter (softened)
10 oz granulated sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
5 oz flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup decorative/sparkle/sanding sugar
1. In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese at high speed.
2. When the mixture becomes light and fluffy, add sugar and beat again until sugar granules disappear.
3. Sift together dry ingredients including flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Add egg and vanilla and beat again to mix well.
5. Now gradually add dry mixture until batter becomes uniform and thick.
6. Take a cookie sheet line it with parchment paper. Grease the paper and drop 1 tbsp full of batter onto the sheet. Sprinkle decorative sugar granules on top and make sure, distance between each cookie is at least 1-2 inch.
7. Place the sheet in preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 8-10 mins. until become golden brown and crisp.
8. When the cream cheese sugar cookies are ready, cool it to room temperature and then serve.
photo source : 1