Preparation time : 30 min. | Serves 8-10 apples
These chocolate caramel apples are another tempting recipe for Halloween party foods. This recipe is quite simple and easy to prepare at home, you just need to coat the whole apples in corn syrup, nuts and chocolate and then chill for few min.
½ cup finely chopped pecans
½ cup finely chopped almonds
½ cup finely chopped figs
½ cup finely chopped apricots
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup corn syrup
2 lb milk chocolate bar (or as required)
8-10 medium size red apples with stem
1. Melt the chocolate bar in microwave or at steam so that it becomes thick liquid.
2. Mix all the nuts and dried fruits in a large mixing bowl.
3. Cook together corn syrup and brown sugar until sugar completely dissolve in the syrup. If you feel that the syrup is too much thick then add some water to make its consistency like oil.
4. At first dip the apples in the prepared syrup.
5. Then coat each of these apples with nuts and fruits mixture. Leave these apples for 10 min. so that nuts would stick well to the apple.
6. After that again dip apples in chocolate sauce and put them in fridge for 15 min to set.
photo source : 1