Preparation time : 50 min. | Serves 8 persons
This chocolate orange gateau is one of a famous dessert of American and European cuisine. It is prepared in variety of ways, in some recipes gateau is only prepared with with orange or chocolate but can also be prepared with other fruit flavors. The basic method is to assemble sponge with cream, curd and fruit.
For sponge cake:
6 eggs (separated)
6 oz caster sugar
6 oz all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp coco powder
2 tbsp milk
For Orange Curd:
3 ounce butter
6 ounce sugar
¼ cup orange juice
2-3 drops orange essence (optional)
2-3 drops orange color
For Icing And Topping:
12 ounces whipped cream
2 ounces icing sugar
1 cup crushed chocolate
1 cup orange slices
1. To prepare sponge follow the instructions as mentioned in the Black Forest Cake.
2. To prepare orange curd, take a sauce pan add 3 eggs, sugar, orange juice, orange essence and color. Cook the mixture over medium heat till it gets thick, stirring continuously while cooking.
3. Remove the pan from heat and add butter, mix well and again cook for 2 min till the curd starts to leave the sides of pan. Then remove the pan pan from heat orange curd is ready, set aside.
4. When the sponge is ready divide it into two pieces horizontally and brush each piece with orange squash.
5. Take the bottom piece, top it with whipped cream, then spread orange curd on it, cover the filling with second piece of sponge, cover the whole sponge with whipped cream, top with orange slices and sprinkle crushed chocolate over top and sides of the chocolate orange gateau. Chill for 15 min to set then serve.
photo source : 1
This is an amazing looking Gateau!