These truffles are basically prepared with eggnog hence are named as Christmas Truffles. Generally people prefer to use ready made eggnog but here the eggnog recipe is given to prepare these truffles which gives awesome flavor. You can make different shapes of truffle, for that you have to refrigerate mixture for an hour so that it becomes thick and then fill it in piping bag to drop truffle batter in beautiful shapes.
1 lb white chocolate
4 tbsp Butter or margarine
4 egg yolks
1 1/3 cups milk
1 1/3 cups cream
3 oz sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of ground nutmeg
1. Melt chocolate with butter in microwave for just 2 mins.
2. Heat milk in a sauce pan with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and vanilla. Keep the flame to low so that the milk should not be reached to boiling point.
3. After 3-4 mins just before boiling point remove the pan from heat and keep stirring so that the layer would not form.
4. When the milk cools to room temperature leave it as it is.
5. In a bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar together to make a fluffy mixture.
6. Now mix the yolk mixture in milk and whisk so that they mix together.
7. Pour the mixture into the sauce pan, cook on medium heat and keep stirring while cooking so that the mixture would not get boil.
8. When the mixture gets thick add the melted chocolate into the mixture and whisk them together.
9. After 3-4 mins. remove the pan from heat and pour thee mixture using a table spoon into a cup cake bowls or muffins tray. Place the cup cakes in fridge for a day so that they become set and could easily take out from the cups.