This coffee ice cream recipe is prepared with granulated coffee which decreases the preparation time while in original recipe coffee beans are used in which 1 hour extra time is required to extract the flavor from beans but the end flavor almost remains the same. So try this easy coffee ice cream at home.
1 1/2 cups whole milk
3/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp granulated coffee
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
5 large egg yolks
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. In a sauce pan heat milk, sugar, coffee and salt on medium heat so that the mixture would not get boil.
2. When milk become warm add half cup of cream, stir it well into the mixture and heat on low heat just below the boiling point.
3. Meanwhile beat egg yolks and add it to the cream and milk mixture, constantly whisk the mixture while adding yolks so that yolks would not be cooked. If there is any pieces of cooked yolks then strain it.
4. Cook the batter on medium heat and stir continuously so that it may not stick to the pan.
5. When the batter gets thick enough that it hardly drop from spoon on dropping then remove the pan from heat and mix vanilla essence.
6. Chill the ice cream batter in fridge and then pour the whole batter in ice cream maker and follow the instructions accordingly.