This cream cheese pie recipe is one of the most delicious desserts which is served in different styles. In this recipe the stuffing remains uncover and due to use of cream cheese the stuffing becomes set when it is chilled for sometime and hence can be easily cut into pieces. You can use other fruits in this cream cheese pie and make different flavor pie.
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground thyme
2 tbsp butter (separate)
1 tbspn sugar
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup milk
750 ml milk
3 egg yolks (blended)
200 gm sugar ( or as required)
1/4 cup cornstarch
8 ounce cream cheese
few drops of vanilla extract
2 large mangoes (cut into small cubes)
Preparation of Tart:
1. Mix all the dry ingredients first in a mixing bowl and then mix butter into the dry mixture.
2. Now knead the dough using milk. The dough should be soft so that it could easily be rolled.
3. Preheat oven at 350 F.
4. Take the dough of pie crust and spread it into the base and sides of a pie dish. Place this baking pan in oven for 15 minutes until golden.
Preparation of Cream Cheese Stuffing:
1. Take a sauce pan, add boiled milk, yolks and sugar and cook them on medium heat until yolks and sugar mixes well in the milk. Stir the mixture while cooking using whisk.
2. When the mixture gets boil, add cornstarch and stir continuously so that lumps would not form.
3. When the mixture becomes thick, add cream cheese and stir so that it melts quickly and mixes well in the mixture.
4. After that turn off the flame and add few drops of vanilla essence.
Preparation of Pie:
1. Now pour the prepared custard and mango pieces into this tart and again bake for just 5 minutes.
2. When the cream cheese pie is ready chill it for an hour in fridge and then serve it.