This lemon cake pudding recipe is prepared in the same fashion as that of lemon cake but the quantity of ingredients makes the difference. This pudding cake is juicy from inside hence why it is called pudding. It only takes time in baking while the rest of the procedure is simple and easy.
¼ cup flour
1 cup granulated sugar (make it into caster form)
¼ tsp salt
1½ tsp grated lemon rind
¼ cup lemon juice
2 eggs (separated)
1 cup milk
1. Heat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a mixing bowl beat egg whites till stiff peaks are formed.
3. In another bowl, beat egg yolks to make it thin.
4. Sift together dry ingredients including flour, sugar, and the salt.
5. Combine the dry mixture with beaten yolks, lemon rind, lemon juice and milk and make uniform batter.
6. Then carefully fold the batter into the beaten egg whites and then pour into the molds (single serving) or in a suitable casserole dish. Take a deep pan half filled with water, place the molds into the dish in such a way that water would not enter into the mold.
7. Now place the pan in preheated oven for about 50 min until knife inserted comes out clean.
8. Serve the lemon pudding cake either hot or cold with topping of icing sugar or whipped cream.
photo source : 1