Vermicelli is prepared in variety of ways. It can be made to be either salty or sweet but the ones that are made to be sweet are very common in South Asian cuisine and are also used as a sweet dish or simply dessert. This recipe is of sweet vermicelli is very easy to prepare.
175 gm vermicelli (brown)
200 gm sugar
1 cup ghee
1 cup milk (full cream)
2 cinnamon sticks
2 green cardamoms
Pinch of food color
1. Roast cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon in ghee.
2. Using your hands crush the vermicelli in small pieces and then roast them in ghee until they become slightly brown in color and pleasant smell starts to come.
2. After that add food color and sugar to the vermicelli make sure that the flame should off otherwise sugar and vermicelli may burn.
3. Now add milk to the mixture and mix well. Turn on the flame and let it cook on high flame for 5 minutes.
4. When the mixture starts bubbling reduce the flame to low and cook it for 10-15 minutes until vermicelli become soft.
Garnish the delicious sweet vermicelli with cashew, almonds and raisins.