This egg steak is prepared using beef steak which is stuffed with boiled eggs and looks beautiful in presenting. You may also use whole undercut piece make a whole in the center and insert boiled eggs in it to cover it tightly.
2 lb beef sirloin or undercut large steak piece (9-inch rectangular size)
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp red chilli flakes
Salt to taste
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp roasted ground cumin
½ cup cheddar cheese (grated)
¼ cup parsley
½ tsp garlic powder
4 oz margarine
4-5 hard boiled eggs
Oil for shallow frying
1. If you have whole undercut piece then make it 1-inch thick flattened rectangular piece using sharp knife and cut it horizontally just like book i.e. knife should not reach to the corner.
2. Marinate steak with ginger powder, cumin, coriander, red chili and salt for 30 mins. at least.
3. Now make mixture of butter, cheddar cheese, garlic powder and parsley.
4. Open the marinated steak onto the counter, spread the cheese mixture over the steak and place hard boiled eggs in the center. Now overlap the two sides of the steak over the eggs to cover them, similarly bring upper and lower steak sides upward and seal using hard toothpick from every sides.
5. Now heat oil in the shallow pan and cook steak till become brown from both sides. Then cut the steak into slices and take out the toothpick before serving.
photo source : 1