Preparation time : 40 mins | Serves 10 persons
Lasagna is world wide famous food and hence it is prepared in different styles in various cuisines. In Mexican cuisine it is prepared with salsa instead of adding white sauce or any sauce and is little bit spicy as compare to other lasagna recipe. This Mexican lasagna recipe is one of an easy and tasty recipe. For more great and delicious recipes from Mexican Cuisine, refer to the book Everyday Mexican.
½ kg boneless chicken (cut into small squares)
Salt to taste
2 tbspn paprika
1 tbspn ginger garlic paste
1 tbspn lemon juice
½ cup oil
4 cups salsa
Lasagna strips as required
1/2 cup black olives
½ cup green olives
5-6 green chilies (cut into large pieces)
Mozzarella cheese as required (grated)
Canned pinto beans as required
1. Marinate chicken in salt, paprika, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice and oil for 10 minutes.
2. Place a butter paper or aluminum foil at the base of baking pan and bake marinated chicken for 20-25 minutes at 350 F until the chicken pieces become golden brown in color.
3. Mean while boil lasagna strips and then cool at room temperature.
4. Now take a suitable lasagna dish and cover the base of dish with few lasagna strips, then spread salsa on the strips, now make a layer of baked chicken pieces over it, then put half quantity of both olives and beans. Repeat the layers of lasagna, salsa, chicken, olives and beans and in the end cover the whole lasagna dish with mozzarella cheese.
5. Now place the dish in oven for just 5 minutes at 400 F until cheese melts and becomes light golden in color.