Preparation time : 50 mins. (approx.) | serves 6 persons
This Paleo Lasagna is prepared in variety of ways with different vegetables ans is adopted by many models in their model diet menu. The main ingredients of this lasagna are zucchini, spinach, mushrooms and marinara sauce. In this recipe two different methods are given to prepare this yummy lasagna one with meat sauce and other with vegetable sauce. You may also try this recipe as casserole by eliminating the pasta to make it perfect paleo diet just like eggplant parmigiana in which only eggplant is used with tomato sauce and cheeses.
For Meat Sauce:
1 lb beef mince (leaned)
1 onion (chopped)
3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
3 cups tomato paste
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp oil
⅔ tsp sweet paprika
⅔ tsp black pepper
Salt to taste
For Vegetable Sauce (In place of Meat Sauce):
2 cup cauliflower florets (boiled for 15 mins.)
½ tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1 cup tomato sauce
3 medium zucchini (sliced vertically like thin pasta strips)
4 button mushrooms (sliced)
2 cup baby spinach leaves
1½ cup ricotta cheese
3 cup marinara sauce or as required
1. Heat oil in a frying pan, add beef mince and fry over high heat until becomes brown and dry. Stir constantly to cook evenly.
2. Now add garlic, pepper, paprika and salt and cook for 3-5 mins.
3. Add tomato paste, bring to boil and simmer for 10-15 mins. Meat sauce is then ready to assemble with veggies.
1. In your food processor, add boiled cauliflower florets, garlic powder, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese and process to break florets and combine seasoning. Don’t try to make it smooth the texture should be like grains.
2. Fold the cauliflower mixture with tomato paste. This is your vegetable sauce.
With Meat Sauce:
1. Take a greased casserole dish, spread few tbsp of marinara sauce, layer some of the zucchini strips to cover the base then spread the meat sauce, place remaining zucchini, place spinach and mushrooms, spread ricotta and marinara sauce in the end. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about for 30-40 mins.
With Vegetable Sauce:
1. Take a greased lasagna dish, spread few tbsp of marinara sauce, layer some of the zucchini strips, then spread prepared vegetable sauce, place spinach and mushrooms, then spread ricotta and remaining marinara sauce. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 20-30 mins.
photo source : 1