Preparation time : 40 mins. | Serves 2-4 persons
This Tex Mex Rice recipe is one of a famous restaurant rice recipe prepared mainly with tomatoes, green chilies and herbs. You may also use corns to make these rice as in the actual recipe contains corns. However, tomatoes, chilies and little seasoning of herbs develop the actual taste.
1½ cup long grain rice (soaked in water for an hour)
2½ cup tomatoes (diced)
4 tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium onion (chopped)
4 jalapeno pepper (seeded and minced)
1 tsp whole cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
3 cup chicken broth
Salt to taste
Fresh cilantro for garnishing (chopped)
1. Heat oil in a heavy pan and sauté onion in it for just 1-2 mins. until become translucent.
2. Add jalapeno, tomatoes, and salt, cover and cook until tomatoes become soft.
3. Take out 4 tbsp of the prepared mixture and then add rice, cumin and oregano and cook rice with the tomato mixture for 2-3 mins.
4. After that, add chicken broth and bring the mixture to boil over high heat. When the rice appears on the surface and there is no liquid, add the reserved tomato onion mixture and mix with soft hands. Now reduce the flame to simmer, cover and cook for 10-15 mins. until rice gets completely tender and steam appears on top.
5. When the Tex Mex Rice is ready, transfer it to the serving platter and garnish with fresh cilantro.
photo source : 1