Cole Slaw salad is slightly different from other salads due to the addition of buttermilk which enhances its flavor. In many restaurants cole slaw is made but the one which is most popular is the one served at KFC restaurants. This is exactly the copy cat of KFC Cole Slaw Recipe. Its very tasty when freshly prepared .
8 cups Cabbage chopped
¼ cup Carrot shredded2
2 tbspn Onion minced
¼ cup Buttermilk
½ cup Mayonnaise
½ tspn Salt
1/3 cup Sugar
1/8 tspn Pepper
¼ cup Milk
2 ½ tblpn Lemon Juice
1 ½ tspns apple cider vinegar
|Presto 02910 SaladShooter Electric Slicer/Shredder|
|Lenox Butterfly Meadow 7-Piece Pasta/Salad Set|
|Chef’n VeggiChop Vegetable Chopper, Arugula|
|OXO Salad Spinner|
1. The first step to make KFC salad recipe at home is to cut cabbage, carrots and onions and finely chop them so that they come into very small thread like pieces (approx. ½ inch in length).
2. Using electric beater or egg beater mix mayonnaise, sugar, milk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl and beat until smooth.
3. Now add buttermilk in the paste and again beat to make thick and smooth paste.
4. Add chopped vegetables; cabbage, carrots, and onion and mix well.
5. Wrap the bowl with a gelatin sheet or cover it tightly and put into refrigerate for at least 2 hrs.
Take it out and your home made KFC Cole Slaw is ready. You can serve it as a first course with other salads or with other meals but I personally like it with crispy chicken and with fries.
Note : Using a kitchen mandolin slicer will save you lot of time for other work as it slices, dices, shreds and make cubes of vegetables and fruits in very little time.